I am currently working with a market leading, award winning organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to grow their small Procurement team, this is a full-time permanent role offering development and progression opportunities. This role requires buying experience and a passion for negotiating with suppliers. Ideally you will have at least a year of experience in a similar role and you are working towards a CIPS qualification.
The Junior Buyer will work under the direction of the Procurement Manager to provide support across a wide range of procurement functions centrally and to our practices;
- Ongoing maintenance of supplier catalogues and price lists
- Supplier queries and management
- Contract monitoring
- Assisting with supplier/procurement relationships
- Active support in the tendering process of core supplies
- Ongoing assessment of contractual performance and ensuring all suppliers remain compliant with legislation.
- Ensuring operational staff are trained on purchasing standards and procedures
- Supporting the business with new practice mobilisation
What we’re looking for;
- Ideally working towards a CIPS qualification
- Proven experience in a commercially focused environment
- Proven experience working within a fast - paced, process driven environment
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Confidence in communicating at all levels within the organisation
- A can do, enabling attitude, comfortable with ambiguity; adaptable and flexible
- Persistent, driving through change in a way that gets buy in from stakeholders
- A self-motivated individual with a genuine interest and knowledge of the procurement process, together with a genuine drive to progress within a rapidly expanding company.
For more information email email@example.com today!