|Location: HERTFORDSHIRE, SOUTH EAST ENGLAND||Salary: Salary Negotiable|
|Sector: Scientific||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: DAYS ONLY||Applications: 1|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3116988|
Position: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience and qualifications
A world leading R&D service provider for the life sciences industry, currently require a skilled Associate Principle Scientist to join their developing Process Chemistry team in the Hertfordshire area. This position will suit applications from individuals with a PhD in Organic Chemistry and extensive analytical, physical and process chemistry experience, supporting the development and scale up of chemical processes for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
• Demonstrate an expertise in the core chemistry laboratory skills required to support development and / or scale up of chemical processes in assigned projects, positively impacting API drug development.
• Independently design and execute core experiments, interpret results, and plan additional experiments in a timely manner to solve assigned problems of high complexity.
• Demonstrate the ability to actively participate in the development of new technologies or methodologies, apply as appropriate within the functional area.
• Collaborate with cross-functional project groups and provide contributions to reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
• Document and report results of all experiments in a manner consistent with department practices and governing policies, as applicable, which may include significant contributions to manufacture of API for GLP toxicology studies or for GMP manufacture of clinical supplies.
• Strong self-leadership, initiative, and the ability to multi-task, is required to play a role in team planning, and to mentor less experienced staff on core functional technical and procedural matters as opportunities arise.
• Educated to minimum PhD in organic chemistry and preferably 1-2 years Post-doctoral experience, either in industry or academia; evidence of strong academic or industrial achievement required
• A minimum of 5 years academic or industrial laboratory experience is required, including successful application of analytical / physical skill sets to resolve complex chemical problems such as those expected within the role
• Strong publication record
• Previous experience at supervising and managing small teams (2-3 people) would be preferable
• Deep understanding of organic chemistry, new synthetic methodologies and new technologies.
If this position sounds of interest and you have the required experience and qualifications, please apply with your CV and covering letter via the link and we will look forward to receiving your application.
If you require any further information on this position, please contact Katie Roddis on 01223 463300, or at email@example.com
HERTFORDSHIRE, SOUTH EAST ENGLANDRead more
WAKEFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
LEEDS BRADFORD AIRPORT, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
CAMBRIDGESHIRE, EAST ANGLIARead more
24000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more