Are you looking to make a difference? Come and join our Teacher Bank!
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to help others to improve their lives, the lives of their families and to make a positive contribution to their local community then prison education is for you.
Reed Further Education are working in partnership with Novus who are committed to making a difference and we need motivated and passionate colleagues who can make it happen. Novus is a specialist Prison Education provider working across England and Wales.
This role is offered on a flexible basis, working various hours across the establishments in the North East region.
In this role you will be required to:
- Help raise expectations and aspirations of our learners, to enthuse, motivate and create ownership of own learning.
- Enable progression through accredited/ structured non-accredited programmes designed to meet the needs and interests of our learners.
- Work with learners to develop personalised learning plans, to equip them with the skills, knowledge and behaviours facilitating positive progress towards their longer term aspiration.
- Continually develop your practice and skills, to engage in new initiatives and, to share best practice with colleagues.
- Utilise policies and procedures (both Novus and HMPPS) to support the wider prison resettlement and skills strategy.
- Work collaboratively as part of a local specialist education team and, positively contribute as part of the wider prison team.
If you can help others - we can help you.
Please submit an up to date CV and in your application, please outline how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements details within the job role profile.
*These roles are subject to enhanced clearance and prison vetting.*