Printer Service Engineer
Salary: Circa £28,000
Are you an Engineer experienced within Printers, Copiers & Multifunctional devices?
Are you seeking an exciting role which will further develop your skills and experience?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
Company & Role:
Our client is one of the largest suppliers of business services in the UK. Due to a recent contract award, they are looking to recruit an on-site Engineer to provide support and service to their Managed Print client.
You will be based at a Bournemouth location and be responsible for attending repairs and support services to the printer, copiers, and multifunctional devices at client sites across Dorset.
You will provide a range of 1st and 2nd line technical support services for the printer fleet within client sites, including, the clarification of end user issues and to accurately log and record these calls within a help desk management system.
- To provide an effective, responsive, and user-friendly first- and second-line support function, involving the provision of service, repair, and maintenance of printing equipment.
- Site visits to repair customer machines - provide effective support to customer enquiries ensuring a high first-time fix rate and minimum recall rate, as per contract SLA’s, together with escalation to other members of the team as required.
- Providing, excellent customer service, advice, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting to resolve issues as well as accurately recording, logging and progression of all technical support calls.
- Prepare and install new printers as required, while also being involved in the planning and implementation of new printing solutions.
- Increase the use of papercut follow me print and scan to folder software to control the printing environment
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 5pm 40 Hours per week
Person Skills & Experience:
- Min 2 years’ previous experience in repairing and servicing printer fleets within office environments.
- Experience working within IT support environments.
- Experience of Training to non IT literate staff within area of knowledge
- Microsoft Office skills including internet/intranet
- Experience of supporting IT systems and customers
- Working understanding of Microsoft print server environments, e.g. Microsoft Server 2000/2003
- Knowledge of print networking solutions
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Experience in providing a high level of customer care.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Salary circa: £28,000
- Company Car
- Pension after 3 months employment
- Attendance bonus worth 2 weeks salary
- 25 days holiday
If you are interested and have the required experience for this fantastic opportunity position, please apply with your up to date CV right away