My client a local authority based in South Yorkshire, have an excellent opening for an interim Principle Operations Manager – working as senior leader in supporting the street cleansing and grounds maintenance functions. This role will intially be for 3 months but likely to be extended.
For this role In-depth knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures within a Horticultural/Cleanse Delivery environment.
This role is viewed as being inside of IR35 - so you will need to go via Reed PAYE on rate of £266 - £342 per day Plus holiday, or through an umbrella payrolling company on a rate of £350 -£450 per day.
The role is supporting the transformation of the Council’s street cleansing and grounds maintenance functions. The applicant will need to hit the ground running to manage a team of 250, and to develop, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of borough-wide greener and cleaner improvement strategies.
To develop the strategic direction of the Street Scene service ensuring the service has a high impact within neighbourhoods and communities in Doncaster, improving the environment for the residents. Play a key role in Doncaster Council Cleaner Greener agenda and deliver all operation within Street Scene.
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
· Lead on all aspects of service planning and performance management for ground maintenance and street cleansing in Doncaster, to ensure Doncaster is maintained to the required standard and the service has resilience to respond to emergencies when they occur.
· Ensure all work is scheduled and prioritised in order to utilise staff and resources effectively whilst meeting the ever-changing needs of Doncaster.
· Responsibility Street Scene assets including buildings and equipment ensuring it is maintain and fit for purpose to ensure service standards are maintained.
· Develop the commercial strategy of the Street Scene service to meet income targets each year, but not to the detriment of core service provision.
· Act as an integral member of the Street Scene and Highways Operations Management Team, lead and fully participate in the corporate planning, financial and management processes for the service.
· Ensure effective joint working and planning with all relevant external agencies, to promote effective collaboration and to maximise the Council’s role, function and influence.
· Provide management and professional advice to the Head of Street Scene and Highways operations on all matters of environmental maintenance standards, regulations, practices and procedures.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
· Ideally Degree educated
· Level 5 Management and Leadership qualification.
· Commercially aware and understands the relationship between costs, quality, customer care and corporate performance.
· Thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the ability to produce concise but accurate risk assessments.
· Experience and a proven track record in the formulation and delivery of strategies and polices within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
· In-depth knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures within a Horticultural/Cleanse Delivery environment.
Please note for this role you will need to have an Enhanced DBS/Children's Barred List
If you have the necessary skill set or are interested in finding out more please apply online today or send your CV directly to Francesca.email@example.com