Due to unprecedented times an immediate opportunity has arisen to join a fantastic local organisation as a direct influence, given an opportunity to really make a difference to the local environment and streets.
To develop the strategic direction of the Street Scene service ensuring the service has a high impact within neighbourhoods and communities in Doncaster, improving the environment for the residents. Play a key role in the proposed agenda and deliver all operation within the project
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- Lead on all aspects of service planning and performance management for ground maintenance and street cleansing in Doncaster, to ensure Doncaster is maintained to the required standard and the service has resilience to respond to emergencies when they occur.
- Ensure all work is scheduled and prioritised in order to utilise staff and resources effectively whilst meeting the ever-changing needs of Doncaster.
- Responsibility Street Scene assets including buildings and equipment ensuring it is maintain and fit for purpose to ensure service standards are maintained.
- Develop the commercial strategy of the Street Scene service to meet income targets each year, but not to the detriment of core service provision.
- Act as an integral member of the Street Scene and Highways Operations Management Team, lead and fully participate in the corporate planning, financial and management processes for the service.
- Ensure effective joint working and planning with all relevant external agencies, to promote effective collaboration and to maximise the companies role, function and influence.
- Provide management and professional advice to the Head of Street Scene and Highways operations on all matters of environmental maintenance standards, regulations, practices and procedures. Ensure that all relevant plans and statutory requirements are effectively developed and implemented.
Beneficial Skills and Knowledge
- Qualified to relevant degree levels
- Level 5 Management and Leadership qualification.
- Commercially aware and understands the relationship between costs, quality, customer care and corporate performance.
- Thorough understanding of Health & Safety legislation and the ability to produce concise but accurate risk assessments.
- Experience and a proven track record in the formulation and delivery of strategies and polices within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity.
- In-depth knowledge of professional theory, practice and procedures within a Horticultural/Cleanse Delivery environment.
**Initial 3-6 month contract**