Are you a passionate, experienced and enthusiastic planning professional? I am looking for someone to join my client in their busy, dedicated planning team to work in a London Borough. You will be involved in the redevelopment of a site in an historic setting to bring to life commercial, retail and cultural uses, delivering high quality green spaces, accessible by the public. I am looking for someone with excellent negotiation and communication skills with the ability to use your initiative to find creative solutions.
Skills and experience needed in this role:
- Understand the principles of excellent design and place-making
- experience (or demonstrable ability) to advise on how to achieve high quality infill development within a dense urban context.
- Apply the heritage assessment considerations (statutory tests and NPPF tests) in relation to conservation areas, listed buildings and other heritage assets
- Work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Work productively with stakeholders including residents, councillors, contractors and other partners.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and process a varied caseload customer interactions and major planning applications in particular of strategic size (by definition) and of the most complex and high profile / wide reaching nature.
- Liaise with, as part of the major application process and formal pre-application procedure, a wide range of internal and external partners, stakeholders and interested parties.
- To develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, working practices and procedures.
- To provide high quality and accurate written and verbal advice to service users on pre-planning applications, planning applications, policy interpretation and development proposals.
They can offer you:
- An enthusiastic, friendly and well-motivated team who have high expectations of themselves and the service
- A supportive management team with a strong commitment to the quality of the service.
This role you will be working 7 hours per day 5 days a week. This will be an on-going temporary assignment looking to pay £26-£28.11 per hour PAYE rate dependant on experience and suitability.