An exciting opportunity for a Principal Planning and Development Officer to join a local authority based in Islington.
- Managing and coordinating relevant caseloads associated with major planning applications.
- Providing specialist observations and pre-application advice.
- Coordinating and evaluating responses, resolving any conflicting issues.
- You may also be required to represent the authority at informal hearings and in public enquiries.
- Ability to carry out, advise and mentor others the functions related to the processing of applications, including the validation and consultation of applications.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of development management systems and processes and the ability to work to specified procedures.
- Ability to use IT resources to support the functions of the post.