An exciting opportunity for a Principal Design and Conservation Officer to join a local authority in North London who are experiencing significant growth in housing. Joining a team of urban design and conservation experts, who aim to preserve and enhance the local areas architectural heritage and contribute to the delivery of high-quality new development.
What the role will entail?
- Providing high quality urban design and heritage advice.
- Contributing to the running of related projects.
- Preparing representations on behalf of the authorities appeals under planning acts.
- Supporting the Design Review panel, in the preparation of briefs and reports on development schemes, and in any future arrangements.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the key issues and recent developments in architecture, heritage and urban design.
- Experience negotiating with applicants and other interested parties on submissions/investigations under the planning acts.
- The knowledge to assess, evaluate and lead on application and pre-application negotiations.