We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principle Consultation and Research Officer working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to support the local authority and partners to develop a strategic, people-centred approach to consultation, research, engagement, and equalities.
To support a systematic approach to the development and implementation of the local authority consultation and primary research strategy to inform service design, including developing and adhering to corporate standards, an ensuring that he council remains legally compliant. Co-ordinating this activity across the local authority and partner organisations as appropriate.
Provide Support, advice, and training to ensure that the council has effective policies and procedures which comply with the Equalities Act 2010 and remains legally compliant. To collect and monitor information to enable quality control.
Develop and implement a systematic and people-centred model for community engagement, in collaboration with a range of stakeholders and partners, which is proactive and informs service design and delivery, under the direction of the Head of Service for PPC.
To identify areas for business development, including actively seeking income generation opportunities, and prepare and manage Service Level Agreements.
Liaise as appropriate, through the direction of the Head of Service PPC, with senior managers and Elected Members, providing appropriate advice in relation to consultation, engagement, equalities, and primary research.
To analyse the results of consultation and primary research, drawing conclusions and making recommendations as appropriate in order that informed policy decisions are made. To monitor the effectiveness of consultation and research and community engagement, and to undertake formal evaluations when appropriate.
Keep up to date with developments in the fields of consultation and research and community engagement in local government and the wider public sector, liaising with other authorities, public, and private sector organisations to ensure that the Local Authority benefits from best practice and learning.
- Formal Qualification, or strong background in conducting primary and secondary research.
- Able to undertake consultation, research, and engagement activities with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work on numerous projects, within tight deadlines
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Principle Consultation and Research Officer experience
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk clients and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system