KS2 Class Teacher – Year 6 Maternity Cover Class Teacher role (not suitable for NQTs sadly)
Required for September 2020
MPS/UPS and can offer a TLR for those who may also be interested in additional responsibilities to further their teaching career but this is not essential for those just wanting to teach
Reed Education are excited to be supporting a lovely Roman Catholic Primary School, known for its success as a school, situated in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, close to South Kensington with great public transport links. The governors and Senior leadership team are keen to appoint a motivated and positive teacher to join their team this September wherein you as the class teacher will be covering their permanent Year 6 Teacher who will be taking the year out on Maternity Leave.
As the year 6 class teacher, your role will be supporting the year 6’s in their final years of their Primary Education and helping support them through their all-important SATs years. As a one form entry School, you will be required to have already worked as a teacher in a UK Primary School, having knowledge of the Year 6, KS2 Curriculum.
The School do support each other and have a great Senior leadership team in place.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced having worked ideally within a UK Primary School, minimum of a Year
- Experienced having ideally taught within Year 6 or at least within Upper KS2 for a minimum of a year
- Positive attitude and a teacher who is keen to support
- Be available for a full time teaching role, Monday to Friday, however the School can also consider those wanting to work four days a week Monday to Thursday if also necessary
- Hold an enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain one through Reed Education for this position
- You must however have a Teacher reference number valid to teach in the UK, QTS or QTLS
Due to the pandemic that we are all facing globally, the School are very welcoming of video interviews and are happy to offer the candidate through video interviewing which is a great opportunity if you can show the correct personality for the role ahead for September!
Initially the role will be through the agency due to the school not seeing you teach however a contract can be later discussed after the first term with the school if this is also an option for you otherwise the school are also happy to pay you through the agency if you prefer for the whole academic year.
To apply for this fantastic position within such a caring and devoted Primary School, please apply below as soon as possible. The School are open to video interviews with immediate affect and happy to confirm placements ahead for September 2020, for the new academic year immediately.