Reed Education operate a busy day to day supply service across the Leeds and Bradford area, and we are looking to expand our bank of Teaching Assistants ready to support our local primary schools. We are looking for support staff who are ready to support across primary schools when they re-open and in September 2020.
Supply work will offer you flexibility- both full time and part time hours are on offer. We have a mixture of both pre-booked work and early morning calls, so we ask that applicants are available to work both. Due to the volume of work that we are anticipating we are looking for support staff who are available to work at least 3 days of supply per week.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to work alongside the class teacher in the delivery of lessons across the National Curriculum. Some key responsibilities of the role include;
- Supporting the teacher in managing pupil behaviour alongside the school behaviour policy
- Collecting completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the class teacher
- Delivering intervention groups and booster activities on Phonics, Maths or English with lower ability pupils on a 1:1 or group basis
- Running guided reading sessions with identified key children
- Supporting pupils with barriers to learning on a 1:1 or group basis
- Carrying out administrative duties including; setting up the classroom, building displays and preparing resources
Desired experience and qualifications;
- At least 1 year experience in leading a class as either a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant
- L3 Teaching Assistant Qualification OR equivalent OR Education Studies Degree
- Outstanding knowledge of curriculum throughout either Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
As these are supply shifts you will be working through Reed Education. We can offer you; a hassle free payroll process, a dedicated recruitment consultant and a personalised service. As well as competitive daily rates, refer a friend schemes and a DBS refund.
If you would like to hear more about this work then please apply today and we will be in contact to discuss next steps.
It’s time to Love Mondays.