Key Stage 2 teacher / SENCO – Year 6 and SENCO in Colchester needed!
I am currently working with a great school on an exciting new role in the Colchester area.
Starting from September 2020, the school are looking for an outstanding Key Stage 2 (Year 6) teacher to join them on a permanent basis.
- Ofsted GOOD rated Church of England school
- The children are always aiming higher and they have their own school learning council where they provide feedback and ideas to the leadership team
- During the Spring Term, their curriculum was based around ‘World War Two’ with particular focus on the ‘Battle of Britain’. The Year 6 children looked at what life was like in Britain during the War and they were reading ‘Goodnight Mister Tom’ as their class book.
- You will be teaching alongside the Deputy Head in their year 6 class (as a job share)
- The school has a reasonably high level of SEN children, but do not show many behavioural issues
- Your responsibilities of the role will be split across teaching and as the school SENCO
- Opportunities for progression and to join the leadership will be available
What you will need:
- You will need to have QTS and also The National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
- You will need to have experience within KS2 and ideally worked in Year 6 previously
- The school is looking for creativity, leadership within SEN and commitment to improve the learning and outcomes throughout the school
- You will need to have a good level (or even expert knowledge) of autism, ADHD and aspergers
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates (paid to scale on the national MPS)
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Justin Aves on 07731 009 532