Job Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Start Date: Immediate Start (long term role)
I am currently working with a wonderful school on an exciting new role in the Maidstone area.
Starting immediately on a long term basis, the school are looking for an outstanding 1:1 Teaching Assistant who has experience working with pupils who have ASD and EAL. The needs are within a Primary school, and with a KS1 pupil who needs guidance, support, work off their own initiative and someone who is able to hit the ground running.
All staff at this school are passionate about caring for and respecting their children. Above all they want the children to be happy, safe, have fun and enjoy being there as they know that children learn best when they are in an environment which makes them feel contented and safe. There are high expectations of behaviour and everyone in the school community has a responsibility for maintaining a relaxed, calm and happy atmosphere. They recognise that all behaviour is communication and that it is their responsibility to listen to the children, verbally or by interpreting their behaviour.
Throughout the school, they nurture each child’s social development. Providing them with the skills which will enable them to be polite, confident, hardworking members of society.
- An enthusiastic and inspiring teaching assistant who is committed to raising standards and life changes for all pupils in an inclusive environment.
- A highly effective practitioner who is passionate about education and driven to make continuous improvements to their practice.
- An excellent role model for staff and pupils.
- A team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
What you will need:
- Previous experience working in a primary school with both KS1 and KS2
- Experienced in 1:1 support with SEN pupils, particularly with ASD and EAL
- Creativity and leadership skills are essential
- Someone who is self-motivated, committed, enthusiastic and driven to succeed as a teacher
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact Shereen on 01622 608295.