We are looking for outstanding SEN Learning Assistants to provide 1:1 support to aid children with special educational needs at our school to learn effectively, inside and outside of the classroom.
Ideally you will have experience of special educational needs and understand how to motivate and support children to achieve their potential. You will have experience of using a variety of strategies suitable for special educational needs and be passionate about making a difference to children’s lives.
The successful candidates will work alongside and support the class teacher to ensure that the child you are supporting is accessing the curriculum and making positive progress in all aspects of their learning. You will liaise closely to ensure that effective support is delivered, during class or play.
• Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the curriculum
• Support the child in class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors.
• Support the Teacher in class and activities, including during teachers PPA time
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
- Be able to evidence you prior experience working with children with SEN.
- Hold ETW
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain one.
- You may also hold qualifications relevent to the role, e.g. level 3 teaching assistant or HLTA qualifications.
Apply now and we will be in contact.