Mid Senior Level
Location: London, UK (remote working package available)
Reporting to: Head of Pricing
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 including benefits
As an international specialist insurer my client is from the world of mass market insurance products, focusing on key areas of expertise and strength - all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages it’s employees to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things.
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a senior actuary with the pricing team that would suit a talented individual who is looking for the next step in their career. This forward thinking company encourages everyone to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions.
About the team:
The team’s role is to influence and shape our London Market underwriting strategy in order to make the business more profitable. The team is very commercially focused and influences decisions that affect the top and bottom line of London Market.
As part of our Pricing team embedded within the Casualty division, you will be working with underwriters from General Liability, Directors’ & Officers’ and Cyber to help them important business decisions.
This role will be mainly focused on General Liability (GL) and you will be embedded in the GL team, but there will be the opportunity to be involved in the other two lines.
it is a key role in driving forward our London Market Pricing Strategy by developing and updating our models.
The team is a Lloyd’s leader with a strong team spirit and you will work collaboratively with this team to directly contribute to our big ambitions.
The ideal candidate:
- You feel comfortable taking ownership and working independently
- You are an individual with a high level of technical expertise, who can work around a problem and communicate effectively
- You are able to confidently make sound business decisions and be able to back these up with the relevant facts and figures
- You will need to be able to find solutions to problems where there isn’t an established approach and influence other decision makers within the team.
- You should also be inquisitive and restless to learn.
- Providing analytical support for the underwriters and management through large risk pricing and portfolio analysis.
- Leading the transformation of the models within Casualty using best-practice for all open market classes across London Market.
- Working with large data sets and exploring around the subject
- Using new techniques to help London Market get the most from its data
- Providing high quality pricing analysis to help assess the expected profitability of new opportunities
- Communicate complex issues to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Educated to degree level with numerate emphasis
- Experienced analytical background with at least 8 years solid experience in general insurance
- London Market Pricing experience with proven track-record of model development and improvement
- Superb Excel skills
- Knowledge of R/SQL/VBA/Python
- Speak and write fluent business English
- Qualified actuary/ newly qualified
- Casualty insurance experience