An opportunity has arisen for a Prevention and Advice Officer to join a local council, acting as the first point of contact for housing support. Providing comprehensive advice, prevention measures and housing options for people who approach the housing options service for assistance with a housing issue they are experiencing.
- Providing a range of housing advice aiming to prevent homelessness and housing options to applicants approaching the housing options service. This will include residents who are not in priority need under homeless legislation.
- The post holder will be required to complete details reports as well as maintaining accurate records.
- Identifying cases where there are complex or multiple needs, making appropriate referrals/work in partnership with other internal and external partners to reach the best solution for clients.
- You will also be responsible for answering correspondence and enquiries from applicants or individuals acting on their behalf, having regard to information sharing legislation and protocols and within prescribed timescales.
- Previous experience of working within a housing department.
- Knowledge of financial assessments as well as knowledge of the homelessness reduction bill.
- Experience of interviewing members of the public.