I am urgently seeking an accounts manager for an accountancy practice on a permanent basis. You will need to be part qualified either ACA or ACCA.
Your duties will include:
1. Liaise with a portfolio of clients to ensure that they are happy with the services provided.
2. Meet with existing clients to go through final accounts, pre-year-end tax planning meetings.
3. Bring to clients’ attention ways in which we could help them further – demonstrate the benefits of the additional services we provide and issue Extra Work Orders upon agreement for us to undertake extra work.
4. Maintain billing arrangements.
5. Control workflow. Review & control impending deadline for Companies House & HMRC.
6. Maintain & develop systems to ensure consistent delivery of services at the highest standard.
7. Manager Accounts Assistants and help with their support, training and development.
8. Deal with emails in & client queries as required.
9. Review accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
10. Review quarterly VAT returns, mainly for limited companies. This involves working with spreadsheets, Sage, Xero, Kashflow, QuickBooks etc.
11. Prepare and review business tax computations to identify the taxable business profits, including correctly claiming tax relief on fixed assets (for all types of business entities).
12. Draft & review (via Accounts Assistants) covering letters & supporting paperwork with the final accounts and business tax computations to client.
13. Liaise with payroll and tax department.
14. Prepare and review relatively straightforward personal tax returns using IRIS.
15. Tax planning regarding extraction of funds from a company in the most tax efficient manner
16. Prepare & review invoices using our software.
17. Update the CRM system.
18. Review electronic in-tray and deal with tasks/post in as necessary.
19. Update your time sheet.
20. Prepare & review forms P11D (months April to July only).
If you have relevant experience and happy to commit to a permanent role please apply for immediate consideration.