My client, a practice based in Ilkley are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their business!
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and servicing a portfolio of clients, ranging from sole traders to Partnerships and Limited Companies.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Accounts preparation
- Management accounts preparation
- Company Tax returns
- VAT returns
- Reviewing work of other employees
- New client setup
- Other ad-hoc projects as they arise
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- ACA or ACCA qualified. Will consider QBE but must have minimum of 4 years practice experience.
- A minimum of 4 years recent experience within a UK based, qualified firm of Accountants is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Accounts Preparation for a range of businesses including Sole Traders, Ltd Companies and Partnerships
- Ability to use own initiative, to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to drive new business
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Sage and Xero.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and word is essential
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills within a smaller company receiving a varied range of work and gaining experience in all company matters. The right candidate will have the opportunity to move to more senior roles within the firm if proven.