PMO Manager provides:
Support to the Business Development function, ensuring that current data costs & controls are effectively reflected back into the tender process;
Support the development of Project Managers across both business streams (Subsea & O&M) to ensure they meet the Project Management criteria
Accountability for the delivery of value-added operating policies processes ensuring that the end-to-end project process is efficient and effective from the creation of an appropriate project budget based on the as-sold model.
Accountability for effective delivery of all project control processes to support delivery teams and provide real time data to allow decision making for Project Managers.
Capability of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other teams
Provides input to strategic decisions that effects functional area of responsibility.
Ensure project governance is monitored and reported to teams.
Develop and maintain planning resource requirements including project milestones and deliverables as agreed with Project Managers.
Translating as-sold cost models into viable project budgets and developing a cost base for the project as agreed with Project Managers.
Input into key planning documents such as Project Execution Plans, Risk Register, Delivery Schedule, etc.
Generating resourced and costed schedules of work as agreed with Project Managers.
Risk assessment and mitigation plans.
Develop document control processes and MDR’s to support the overall scheduling key milestones and delivery
Support Project Managers in tracking and controlling of the project.
Provide mentoring and support training to develop Project Managers & co-ordinators
Controlling project costs through cost engineering and accounts
Reporting internally on project performance.
Tracking and reporting internally on the financial performance of the project including spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasted cost to completion (and review with customers).
Management of payment certificates / Applications for Payment and invoices to allow for positive cash performance.
Manage change control throughout the project including Variation Orders.
Managing the PMO team.
Risk management of the projects
Key customer interface for the project including contractual change control, customer reporting and progress meetings.
Skills & Competencies
• Minimum of 10 years' experience of managing complex, high value and/or high risk projects, preferably within the marine, oil & gas or highly regulated industry.
• Proven experience in contract change management.
• Extensive risk management experience.
• Substantial contractual understanding, particularly FIDIC / NEC3 / LOGIC.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Commercially focused and financially literate.
• Proven team leadership and motivational skills.
• Excellent written, numerical and communication skills.
• Tertiary engineering/technical qualification such as HNC, degree or equivalent experience.
• UK driving licence.
• Pension – 3% contribution employee, 5% contribution by the client
• Group share save scheme
• Subsidised health benefits
• Death in Service (2.5x Salary)
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Ride to work scheme
• Flexible working hours scheme
• Holidays: 25 days + bank holiday