Job Title: PMLD Lecturer
Location: North West London
Pay rate: £25-28p/h dependent on experience
Duration: Temporary ongoing starting in September
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the North West London area. Starting from September, the college are looking for outstanding PMLD Lecturer to join them on a temporary basis from September onwards.
Situated at the heart of the community, the college offers a vibrant and supportive learning environment where you can receive hands-on training to gain qualifications to enter the workplace, progress to Higher Education or enhance your career opportunities if you are already in work. Our courses are designed to support progression to Further Education and Higher Education and 41% of Level 3 Students progressed to university in 2017. Our student success rate is excellent and we rank in the top 25% of UK colleges. In addition we are one of the region's largest providers of work-based learning, rated 'Good' by Ofsted.
As a PMLD Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
• Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses for students with moderate - severe learning difficulties and/or disabilities from Entry 1/2 to Entry 3/Level 1.
• Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
• Managing students' learning and providing a high-quality learning experience.
• Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
What you will need
• Teaching qualification
• Experience in with moderate to severe learning difficulties and disabilities
• Strong behavioural management skills
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.