Reed have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Plumbing to join a college in the South Coast.
Job Type: Permanent Employment Basis: Full time Working hours per week: 37 FTE per annum
Competitive Salary - £21,610 - £34,515 per annum.
This college is the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area, with over 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. The college's passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career with their apprenticeships training ranking in the top 30% of colleges and the opportunities to work with over 2,000 businesses.
- Scheduled teaching, student assignments, tutorials, and personal tutoring
- Provide distance learning support for groups of students, educational guidance and counselling
- Conduct employer and workplace/work placement visits
- Support activities within the Learning Resource Centre, activities relating to employability, work experience and volunteering, and community/personal enrichment activities
- Preparing schemes of work, lesson plans, student assignments, assignment schedules and learning materials
- Continually maintain and develop pedagogic skills, subject understanding and knowledge of awarding body and subject specification requirements; undertake and meet any relevant CPD requirements
- Participate in the recruitment of students and the student admissions process
- Represent the College at internal and external events and meetings
- Attend consultation evenings, open evenings and award events
- Overseas travel and residential programmes
- Liaising with other schools, parents and guardians
- Preparation of UCAS references where relevant
- Qualifications: NVQ level 3 or Advanced Craft in Plumbing & Heating, ACS Gas, Unvented hot water
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field(s) of expertise
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adult’s legislation
- Experience of facilitating Assessments for students in Further Education or an appropriate workplace setting
- 5 years minimum industry experience in plumbing/heating/gas
- Knowledge of requirements of examining bodies such as City & Guilds and BPEC
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our senior practitioners and Quality department
If you are interested in this position please click "apply" or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.