1. Provision of general planning advice to officers of the County Council regarding the County Council’s own developments, for example the need for planning permission, timescales, procedures.
2. Provision of general planning advice to external applicants and other interested parties, for example, on minerals, waste and County Council’s own developments, notification procedures and minerals land searches.
3. Provision of pre-application planning advice to officers of the County Council on specific County Council development proposals, and to external applicants on minerals and waste proposals. For example, on the likelihood of getting planning permission and how to minimise adverse effects of the development.
4. Processing of mostly the County Council’s own development (Regulation 3) planning applications, and less complex/contentious minerals and waste developments, in accordance with statutory procedures including carrying out site visits to assess proposed schemes; advertising the application; consulting neighbours and other consultees; liaison and negotiation with applicants and statutory consultees such as District Councils, Parish Councils, the Environment Agency, the County Council’s specialist advisors and applicants and/or agents; liaison and provision of information to members of the public and other interested parties on planning applications.
5. Preparation of reports on less complex/contentious planning applications for the Service Manager – Planning Control, Enforcement & Compliance, some of which will be placed before the Regulation Committee.
6. Presentation of reports for planning applications at Regulation Committee briefings and at Regulation Committee meetings when necessary.
7. Provide assistance for the organisation of Member site visits for planning applications, attendance at site visits, and providing explanations to Members of the proposed development.
8. Contributes to Service, and relevant Group and Operations/Commissioning projects (eg Minerals Local Plan, establishment of minerals database, revision of standard conditions, planning control process re-engineering) as requested by the Service Manager – Planning Control, Enforcement & Compliance.
9. Validation of received applications, initiate publicity and consultation as required.
10. Attendance at quarry/waste site liaison meetings providing general planning advice on such things as procedures and relevant planning considerations to interested parties such as Parish Councils, members of the Public, action groups.
11. Undertake chargeable monitoring visits, write up reports and arrange invoicing of applicants/site operators in support of the Enforcement & Compliance team as instructed by the Senior Enforcement Officer and Service Manager – Planning Control, Enforcement & Compliance.
12. Liaise with the County Council’s Planning Enforcement and Monitoring Officers, and Service Manager – Planning Control, Enforcement & Compliance to remedy breaches in planning control relating to the County Council’s own development, minerals and waste developments.
13. Understand, uphold and promote the aims of the council’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies; health, safety and wellbeing of self and others; and Organisational values in everything you do. Equality and Diversity practice covers both interaction with staff, service users and communities and includes challenging discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all.