New Vacancy – Planner - £27,000 per annum – Preston – APPLY NOW!
REED Procurement & Supply Chain is currently recruiting for a Planner to join a leading manufacturing business based in Preston on a permanent basis.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £27,000 per annum (plus monthly bonus roughly £216pcm 10%)
- Full time, permanent – working hours: Mon – Thurs: 08:45 – 17:00 / Fri: 08:00 – 16:00
- 20 days annual leave (5+ extra days after 3 years’ service)
- Free onsite parking
Reporting to the Purchasing & Planning Manager your responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Ordering of products in line with specific requirements
- Forecasting and analysing demand patterns
- Regularly reviewing stocking policy
- Effective and efficient co-ordination of Supply Chain activities
- Manage purchase order placement, container books and liaise with freight forwarders
- Assist in developing and implementing formal processes and procedures
- Assist in re-sourcing of products identifying and delivering cost savings within Purchasing
- Create, develop & maintain excellent working relationships with suppliers & internal customers
- Work closely with Marketing to plan and forecast New Products
- Manage customer service levels and stock budget as per the set targets
- Liaising with and managing Far Eastern Suppliers
Who We’re Looking For:
The successful candidate will proven work experience and a CIPS qualification is highly desirable.
Experience within a similar role, working in a high-speed environment is essential in order to hit the ground running. The individual will also ideally be able to showcase experience in managing Far Eastern Suppliers as well as being self-motivated and have the ability to work without close supervision.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and have the confidence and ability to negotiate. It is essential that the individual can work well under pressure, prioritise tasks and have a high attention to detail.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is also key for the role.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you please reply to this email/click the link below with your CV attached or call Victoria 01772 200 843 for more information.
Please note that by replying with your CV attached, you are granting us permission to send your CV to our client for this role.
Due to high volumes of applications only short listed candidates will be contacted.