Reed Finance are supporting a growing and dynamic practice in Oxford to recruit a permanent Personal Tax Manager.
This firm offers a modern and friendly working environment and prides itself on supporting all staff with development they desire.
The main focus of this role is to manage workflow of the tax team and to continuously review our current way of working and successfully implement improvements.
- Manage compliance workflow for the personal tax team - monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
- Work in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well as challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient or better way of doing things. Recommend systems and implement process improvements.
- Proactively manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients and support Partners with compliance work and tax advisory work.
- Build long lasting client relationships. Develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice.
- Liaise and negotiate with HMRC on behalf of clients. Respond to HMRC enquiries.
- Responsible for billing own portfolio and managing own WIP
- Review prepared tax returns
- Participate in business development and marketing activities
- Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career development
To be considered for this role you will be CTA or STEP qualified and have previous experience working in personal tax, managing a portfolio and managing the team workflow.
Does this sound like you? This is a great firm - apply now!