Do you have some experience within the insurance industry ideally from a Brokerage or Personal Services background?
Are you looking for an entry level role?
Are you looking to join a small and friendly office?
My client in Ipswich, a successful insurance broker, are looking for an entry level Personal Lines Advisor to join their small team. They are a local company and know what their customers are looking for, providing a personal service to all.
You will be responsible to provide support to Personal Lines clients and ensure conversion of new business, service of existing accounts and retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
•Respond to enquiries from clients, prospective clients and insurers received by phone, letter, e-mail or fax in a courteous and helpful manner.
• Ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated.
• Identify clients’ requirements and provide a New Business quotation for Motor/Household/Travel to fulfil their needs.
• Maintain an accurate record of the clients’ circumstances and objectives.
• Using the information gathered, determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates for the cover required.
• Obtain quotations, using quotation system and by referring to insurers if required.
• Decide most appropriate quote in terms of price and cover to meet the applicant’s needs.
• Discuss any “additional” covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
• Issue of accurate documentation, including full details of cover, proposal for signing if necessary and all policy-related documentation.
• Maintain and update accurate diary entries.
• Full compliance with all FCA regulations.
• Issue invoices and policy documents and update client records, using the client’s preferred contact method.
• Share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims, referring to senior colleagues where required.
• Ensure system records are created for new business and updated following all client contacts.
• Liaise with accounts department to ensure that credit control rules are followed.
• Chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be set by the Director or Line Manager to help progress the role and to help the general day to running of the business.
You will ideally have some experience and knowledge within the brokerage or personal service background, understanding policy wordings and terminology. You will have exceptional customer service skills and have a supportive mind-set, helping the team when required.
What’s in it for you?
Hours are full time Monday to Friday and the office is open 8.30am-5.30pm. You will be required to work 1 in 3 Saturdays with the hours of 9am-12pm.
A competitive salary dependant on experience
Progression opportunities and further training and support to your CII qualification.
If you are interested please apply or get in touch with Rachel Dunham at Ipswich Business Support