An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant to join a leading organisation, based in Belfast.
Hours: Full Time 37 hours per week
Duration: Fixed Term Contract: 9-12 months
To provide extensive, confidential, administrational and secretarial support. To act as a link person who will communicate effectively on behalf of the Head of Organisation with members of the Governing Body, the staff, and all other relevant persons and external bodies. To support some aspects of the work of the Vice Principals and other members of the Senior Management Team.
• Able to demonstrate a good level of education to graduate level or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (grades A-C) or equivalent or higher including Mathematics and English
• Advanced IT Skills in MS office
• Previous experience working as a Personal Assistant
• Substantial experience in the use of IT systems eg Word, Excel
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent administrational skills
• Ability to complete tasks and projects on time and to a high standard.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
• To undertake administrative and confidential work including the drafting of correspondence and reports, and preparation for public events.
• To be responsible for the administrative aspects of the organisation’s admissions procedures ensuring that the procedures are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner and that the administration staff are provided with all the necessary information necessary to enable them to maintain accurate, up to date records.
• To maintain efficient filing systems for all official documents
• To ensure the accurate and timely maintenance of whatever records are required by government bodies.
• To read, identify the salient points contained within and summarise documents as required.
• The daily administration of cover and recording staff absences.
• Taking the minutes at meetings
• Provide secretarial services and undertake administrative and confidential work when necessary. This may include preparation, distribution and appropriate record keeping of all agendas and minutes as required. Records of all committees should be filed centrally yet be available immediately for reference at any time.
• Under direction make arrangements for interviews and the appointments process for staff.
• To be responsible for maintaining the personnel database for staff in all categories of information, in Sims, except those maintained by the Head of Support Services.
• Maintenance of the Development Plan
• Manage and maintain the website and media accounts.
• To receive, filter and relay incoming telephone calls and make calls on the behalf of the manager as required.
• To be responsible for opening and sorting the mail, filtering irrelevant items, prioritising items for immediate action, forwarding items appropriately within the school and ensuring prompt postage of all outgoing mail as requested.
• To manage the main email account, prioritising items for attention and forwarding items appropriately.
• To arrange and maintain an effective diary system.
• To meet and greet visitors as required.
• To establish open and effective communication between all departments of the organisation
• To provide refreshments for the manager and visitors on a daily basis and other catering for meetings as required.
If interested, please send updated CV via link to Victoria Butler - Reed