One of the largest Local Authority based in London are looking for a Personal Assistant on a 9 months contract with possibility of further extension if all goes well. It is a full-time role Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week.
Purpose of the role:
To deliver high quality administrative support primarily to the psychiatry team and their service-users at the council’s Psychiatry team.
- To be responsible for the provision of dedicated PA admin/secretarial support for the psychiatry team using extensive, specialist knowledge of secretarial, information technology and administrative procedures.
- To be responsible for arranging psychiatry appointments and oversight of the psychiatry caseload list. This includes:
- Managing appointments of psychiatrists through Outlook diaries
- Organising and confirming patient appointments (via video, clinic, home/domiciliary setting) for all new referrals, urgent as well as routine psychiatry follow-up appointments
- Booking interpreters when needed
- Adjusting/re-scheduling appointment times if necessary
- Ensuring all documentation to support appointments are sent to service users and carers in a timely manner
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of psychiatry caseload, including new referrals, active cases and discharged cases
- Seeking additional information from agencies for new referrals
- Undertaking regular caseload audit to ensure all patients have follow-up
- Closing psychiatry involvement at point of discharge.
To provide a high-quality reception service to patients and carers who access ILDP, either by telephone, email, post, face to face or fax, in a courteous and efficient manner.
Due to the nature of the role it is essential candidates have experience of providing Medical Personal Assistance support to individuals or teams in the public, voluntary or private sectors.
If you have the experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.