|Location: BRISTOL, AVON||Salary: 21468 - 22541 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Business Support||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: FULL TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: over 1 year ago||Reference: 3072687|
Purpose of the job:
• To provide proactive, high quality and effective support to the Director of HR and OD and Head of Governance; and their senior management teams.
To provide support to the Director of HR and OD and Head of Governance, including but not exclusively:
• Diary management; proactively and effectively manage complex diaries, making appropriate use of time and resources, taking advice as necessary
o carry out the role of ‘gatekeeper’, advising others of diary priorities and providing other advice as required ie availability, logistics etc
o demonstrate autonomy and initiative, solving day to day problems and contributing to continuous improvement of their area of work,
o plan meetings, visits and events as appropriate, ensuring all details are confirmed and correct. For example; work with the events co-ordinator to plan and organise the annual staff conference.
o maintain regular meetings with key internal and external stakeholders, anticipating additional requirements, such as VC or teleconference set up
o flag meetings and events in a timely manner and plan accordingly by collating the required information i.e. agendas and reports in advance
o anticipate and organise all travel and accommodation, making best use of Manager’s time, in line with Council policies and procedures
• Set up meetings; draft agendas, take minutes and follow up on outstanding actions for example;
o Information security and privacy internal groups
o Joint Consultative Group (JCG)
o Control Risk Self Assessments (CRSA quarterly meetings)
o Preparing week Executive meeting papers
• Ensure briefing and diary papers are obtained and presented in an appropriate format and in sufficient time in advance of meetings to allow for reading/preparation
o anticipate requirements, clarifying as appropriate
o organise diary papers and briefing notes for meetings and speaking engagements, setting up briefing sessions when required
• Handle incoming and outgoing communications
o take initiative in prioritising, channelling and processing telephone calls, messages and correspondence ensuring it is routed to those that need it and draft replies are provided in a timely manner
o answer queries and relay requests and information as appropriate
o proactively monitor senior managers in-box to assist with managing volume of emails
• Maintain administrative systems and databases in line with Council-wide processes, contributing to their continuous improvement
o filing systems ie registered files and electronic document record management (HPRM),
o purchasing ie travel, accommodation, stationery, catering etc, whilst considering value for money in line with procurement requirements
• Budget administration
o Providing HR budget administration support to the budget manager.
• Provide support to the Executive Assistant with diary management and administrative support for the Director of ASD when required.
• Undertake project work when required.
• A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, including Maths and English.
• Working in a personal assistant or senior secretarial role
• Managing complex diary requirement at director/senior manager level
• Dealing with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
Knowledge and learning
• An ongoing commitment to learning and developing own and others knowledge and skills
• Strong analytical skills. Able to evaluate and interpret information to form judgements
• Strong IT skills using Microsoft software packages (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint) and a willingness to learn new IT packages as required
• Able to forward plan. Using foresight, able to anticipate forthcoming situations and plans time and resources accordingly
• Strong organisational skills. Able to manage workloads, resolve competing demands, and cope with changing priorities in a flexible and proactive way
• Ability to prioritise and to manage own time effectively in order to produce work of a high quality to required deadlines
• Able to write clear and accurate correspondence, appropriately tailored to the audience and in accordance with the ‘house’ style
• A confident and approachable communicator able to communicate with people at all levels, in
• a clear, concise and fluent manner
• Able to contribute effectively to meetings.
• Able to proactively listen and apply customer feedback regarding quality, performance and value in continually improving business processes and operations
30000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
BINFIELD, BERKSHIRERead more
13.00 - 13.06 GBP Per Hour, inc benefits
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
25000.00 - 30000.00 GBP Per Annum
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more
12.45 - 14.41 GBP Per Hour, inc benefits