We have a fantastic opportunity for a Personal Advisor in the Leaving Care Team, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to support care leavers through the pathway planning process, and be able to offer good quality advice, support and guidance. To enable young people to make a positive transition to adult life when leaving care.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the corporate parenting principles is essential.
- To work with statutory guidelines and the departments procedures relating to young people leaving care, children in need, and asylum seeking young people.
- To take part in the office based duty system.
- Undertake direct work with young people and others that are relevant in their lives.
- To implement child protection procedures where children / young people may be at risk.
- To work with young people and maximise their involvement in community based activities that will benefit them into adulthood.
- Assist young people by liaising with other agencies on their behalf.
- To ensure that the wishes, views and feelings are taken into consideration in all matters relating to them and advocates where needed.
- Support and assist children in need.
- To attend all forums in relation to planning for and supporting them in housing, health, further / higher education, training and employment.
- To respect and promote the needs of each young person arising from their religious and cultural background, meet needs arising from any disability and respect their sexual needs and preferences.
- Maintain files in accordance with policy, promote awareness of safe care and protection and raise awareness around CSE and risks associated.
- To attend supervision sessions, training and functions that may be arranged.
- To attend, plan and carry out reviews and home visits in accordance with statutory and departmental procedures, to follow and implement recommendations of reviews and pathway plans.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Personal Advisor or Leaving Care Team Experience
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, young people, carers, families and other senior professionals.
- Full time 36 hours a week Monday to Friday
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system