We have a fantastic opportunity for a Personal Advisor, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to provide a statutory service to young people, aged between 16-25 years who are in, or have been looked after by the local authority in their Leaving Care Service. You will be supporting young people with their transition to adulthood, and assist them to live an independent life in the community. Preparing and supporting them to live independently, have access to education, employment and training. So that they experience stability In their lives, and feel safe and secure
- Identify packages of support for young people living in the community, and supervise and monitor the delivery of tasks in accordance with the pathway plan to meet young people’s needs.
- Ensure they receive improved access to health support
- Achieve financial stability
- Manage a caseload and keep accurate case records of work with young people, and undertake statutory recordings.
- Contribute to Pathway Plan Assessment and provide ongoing assessment promoting young people’s full engagement to inform Pathway Planning.
- To undertake assessments of young people resuming or wishing to resume education / training or presenting with other support needs post 21 years.
- Work with young people to promote welfare, and ensure that their views and wishes are considered when undertaking assignments, developing Pathway Plans and reviews.
- To work in a flexible manner to provide advice, practical assistance and support to young people to enable successful transitions.
- Co-ordinate the provision of services and to take reasonable steps to ensure that the young person will make use of such service.
- Work in partnership with a range of agencies, to ensure young people receive an integrated, holistic response to meet their needs.
- To advise and practically support young people to gain access to appropriate accommodation.
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Personal Advisor experience would be an advantage
- Supporting vulnerable adults, children and families within Greater Manchester
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to family members and senior professionals
- Flexible Working, including working from home
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system