Somerset County Council are looking for qualified social workers to join their Children’s Safeguarding team on a permanent and temporary basis.
Geographical areas including: Taunton, Bridgewater, Mendip and South Somerset
About the role:
- Make on-going assessments of allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances including assessment of risk, enabling independent functioning, and need to ensure that service users are protected from significant harm.
- Responsible for a caseload of varying complexity, commensurate with experience, ability and qualification, receiving and responding to referrals from various sources.
- Risk Assessment to ensure children and young people are protected. To respond to needs identified by specifying and delivering evidence based interventions as required.
- Statutory and best practice reviews and comply with appropriate legislation, policy and procedures.
- Assess financial safeguarding and care needs in consultation with other professionals and agencies and agree levels of support.
** Additional information is available upon request**
Requirements of the role:
- Relevant multi-disciplinary Social Care experience within multi-disciplinary team - relevant to needs of post.
- Evidence of partnership working with other agencies including Social Care Services, Health Services, Voluntary Agencies and/or Education.
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Care practice as defined by HCPC Guidelines, appropriate legislation and issues relevant to client group.
- IT skills to enable effective input, manipulation and retrieval of data and information.
- Ability to speak fluent English as stated in Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016)
Benefits of working for Somerset:
Somerset provides a competitive industry salary and a clear career progression route for furthering your career.
Somerset offers a generous leave allowance that increases after 5 years service, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave through our salary sacrifice scheme.
Training and Development
we provide a high level of support including an induction programme and continued professional development.
We offer a range of discounts for our staff, including cycle bikes and equipment, cars, shopping, travel, cinema, insurance, professional memberships and much more!
A secure pension as part of the Local Government Pension Scheme that keeps pace with any cost of living increases.
The flexi time scheme offers the flexibility to manage your work and home commitments in a way to suit your lifestyle. We positively encourage a good work life balance.
You will have access to cutting edge technology that will help you do your job better and more flexibly . We have a number of smart offices now that offer a fresh, open and flexible working environment.
Salary: £29,636 to £33,799
If you are interested in this role or any others call in today.
Would you consider joining us? I’m free to talk every week day from 8am onwards and happy to take evening calls too if it’s easier. And if we’re very lucky, perhaps you might tell your friends too – don’t forget we offer £250 per successful referral.