Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
Thames Valley Police are looking for an experienced People Services Administrator to join their existing team based in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide a professional business support service within the People Directorate to internal and external customers, covering Recruitment/Resourcing/Employee Administration/Learning & Development/Service Desk, meeting or exceeding service protocols within agreed deadlines.
The key result areas in the role are as follows:
- Provide a high quality, confidential service and advice to internal and external customers, through a range of communication channels, based on Force policies and procedures and be accountable for service protocols within their remit.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to ensure productive working is maintained, where problems are resolved and continuous improvement is sought and implemented.
- Input data onto Force ICT systems in an accurate and timely manner, quality assure information already held on force systems in order to facilitate the provision of management information. Provide assistance and guidance when necessary and QA work as requested.
- Support the production of management information to enable effective performance management and decision making. Interpret data that has an impact on the service delivered and recommend/implement changes that will improve the service.
- Provide administrative support to specific projects including research and data collection. Provide information for meetings as required.
The knowledge or skills required in the role are as follows:
- Attained or willing to work towards achieving NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or Business Administration.
- Commitment to continued professional development in relevant disciplines
- Good standard of education with GCSEs (Grade 9-1/A-C) or Key Skills level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Proven experience of working in demanding administrative role, ideally in an HR or L&D environment.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; confident at intermediate level with an aptitude/willingness to learn new systems/technology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to enable the post holder to interact confidently, effectively and professionally with all stakeholders including staff, customers, senior managers and members of the public.
- Proven ability to organise, plan, manage and prioritise workloads. Be adaptable, flexible and resilient with a willingness to learn new processes.
- Flexible approach to working within a very busy training environment as part of the office administration team.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across the Force and undertake all assignments in a timely manner. For this reason a full UK driving licence is considered advantageous.
This is a temporary role for an initial 12 months with the possibility of FTC, working part-time (21 hours per week) paying £10.28 per hour PAYE rising to £10.76 per hour PAYE after 3 months.
Please apply now or email Derrick.Codling@reedglobal.com and join us in loving Mondays
*All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks