My clientis a large and well-established consultancy firm who are currently expanding within their Pension department and seek Pension Technical Officer
This role can be based out of any of their national offices Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh or even work Remotely.
Job Purpose & Objectives:
The Technical Analyst will be a member of the administration Technical team, which helps their administrators understand important pension legislative, regulatory, judicial and research developments, as well as providing process guidance and standard documentation.
The role of the Technical Officer is to assist with the provision of technical support to the pension administration teams throughout the UK and specifically in the office in which they are located, focusing on:
• Company-wide standards and agreed processes and procedures
• Customer service
• The need to balance regional requirements with company objectives/strategy
• Be aware of appropriate legislation and its impact on the business and communicate changes effectively to pension administration staff.
• Develop and maintain process maps and standard correspondence for use by pension administration.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation and guidance notes for use by pension administration.
• Act as an assessor / mentor for vocational qualifications students.
• Produce training materials for use within pension administration and, where appropriate, deliver training on a face-to-face basis and by creation of online training.
• Assist pension administration by answering technical queries from colleagues either verbally or in writing.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
• Strong experience working with Occupational pension schemes - DB, DC, CARE, Hybrid;
• Ideally QPA or PMI qualified or willing to study towards relevant qualifications;
• Prove experience carrying out complex manual pension’s calculations;
Logical approach to problem solving
Ability to priorities workload, keeping to deadlines and disclosure requirements;
• Information Technology literate - in the use of Office Systems, e.g. Microsoft Office for word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentations;
• Ideally some stakeholder / client relationship management experience;
• Good understanding of various codes of professional ethics and standards as set out by the PMI.