Pension Consultant Retirement Consulting/Benefits
Location: London based (April 2021) / Flexible working available
Salary: Competitive, Based on level of experience + Bonus + Benefits
Level: Mid Senior Level
Study package included
Fantastic role for an up and coming Benefits Consultant looking for a role with plenty of exposure and career progression opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and willing to bring new ideas to the table. With solid consulting skills and a background in trustee secretarial appointments.
As an experienced Pension consultant, you will be working for one of the most reputable pension support firms in London as part of their Benefits Consulting Team. To provide first class consulting support to pension trustee clients, covering full governance, scheme secretarial and strategic communications delivery.
This is a client facing role which requires the Pensions Consultant to manage, retain and develop a portfolio of clients, look for and deal with new business enquiries and be fully involved with developing the new propositions.
As the Pensions Consultant, you will provide guidance, information and advice to clients and colleagues in relation to Pensions and Benefits arrangements and ensure timely delivery of services.
• Provide account management to a portfolio of clients in relation to their pensions and benefits arrangements;
• Acts as central point of contact for all correspondence and communications to the Trustees;
• Ensure appropriate liaison between the Trustees, Employer, Scheme advisors and third parties on a range number of schemes matters;
• Attending trustees’ meetings - taking minutes, giving advice on governance and legislation and providing Trustee training;
• Prepares accurate minutes of Trustees’ meetings & sub-committee meetings;
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders, including pension administration, Investment Consultants, Scheme and Corporate Actuaries on client projects;
• Proving consultancy as to scheme design, modification and journey planning;
• Management of client projects and ensure coordination within wider client team including external advisers;
• Managing and coordinating preparation of Trustee Report and Accounts;
• Interpret complex pension matters and provide advice to Trustees / Company accordingly;
• Providing advice to administration department regarding legislation and interpretation of pension Scheme rules;
• Overseeing the billing for clients for fees and disbursements.
• Proven knowledge of UK occupational pensions schemes (DB, DC or Hybrid), ideally within in a Pensions Admin or Consulting environment;
• Strong understanding of pensions scheme trustees and sponsors - secretarial and governance support;
• Strong communications and stakeholder management skills;
• Ideally APMI qualified – or on track;
• Prove ability to prioritise, organise and carry out tasks within deadlines
You will receive excellent client exposure from day one, so you need to be comfortable owning and leading the client relationship. You will be supported by a top-class leadership team, work with qualified members of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).