Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Pensions and Payroll Specialist to cover an existing workload within Greater Manchester Shared Services team.
This is an interim position initially for 3 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
Responsibilities will include;
- To support the Management Team in respect of all matters relating to the delivery of the payroll and pension functions and the achievement of wider shared service goals.
- To provide day-to-day operational management of the activities relating to the payroll and pension functions to ensure effective delivery within legislative and regulatory guidelines and to required deadlines.
- To work across the Shared Service teams to support the development of relevant procedures and documentation relating to the delivery of highly accurate and timely payroll and pension functions; evaluating delivery and providing advice or intervention where required.
- To be up-to-date in respect of relevant national trends, regulations, policy and legislation, providing accurate, expert advice and ensuring that service planning, training and delivery takes these into account.
Required Education and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject.
- AAT Level 3 NVQ in payroll / CIPP Foundation in Payroll administration or equivalent
- Associate CIPP or relevant professional membership
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Significant experience of developing and implementing Payroll and Pensions systems, processes and procedures within a large, complex organisation.
- Experience of working at a payroll control level within a payroll service serving multiple organisations with varying conditions and regulations.
- Experience of effectively planning day-to-day activities and resources to meet customer demand and challenging deadlines.
This role offers a competitive salary of £16.39 PAYE and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Please apply now or email now and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to screening and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.