REED Engineering are currently supporting our specialist client in their search for a PCB Assembler to join them at their facility in Hampshire on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be expected to carry out hand assembly of Printed Circuit Boards to quality and industry standards.
- Using written work instructions and items lists to assemble products to customer specifications and IPC-J-STD-001 Class 3 as directed
- Soldering conventional components
- Pre-forming, inserting and cropping component leads using hand tools
- Incorporating modifications such as wire links
- Hand placing and soldering surface mount components
- Understanding and identifying common components / device types and value decoding
- Complying with all 5S activities as required
- Experience in PCB assembly is desirable, as are any IPC qualifications
- Ability to work to written instructions and bills of materials
- Understanding of component identification codes such as resistors, capacitors and ICs
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High concentration levels
- Excellent level of dexterity
You will also need to be eligible to live and work in the UK.