I am currently recruiting on behalf of a professional services company based in Leatherhead. The Payroll specialist role is the operation of the department’s payroll bureau involving weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual payrolls for a diverse range of clients. Many clients have fully outsourced their payroll operations to my client and the role involves all aspects of providing them with a first class service.
As a Client Payroll Specialist your day to day work will encompass:
• Preparing client payrolls on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis
• Incorporating payroll changes that have been notified by agreed cut-off dates
• Calculation of SSP, SMP, etc where applicable
• Providing management information using computer printouts
• Providing security payslips for each employee
• Utilising the BACS system for payment of net salaries and PAYE/NIC
• Advising clients of the necessary payments to be made to employees and HM Revenue & Customs
• Completing all RTI submissions to HM Revenue & Customs
• Extensive communication with clients, mainly by telephone and email
• Correspondence with HM Revenue & Customs on all matters affecting the payroll
• Assisting clients with payroll support
In an environment where clients demand a first class and timely service, the Business Services Group has developed strong IT skills and the use of IT systems is an essential part of the role. The group uses Star Payroll Professional as its payroll system, together with Excel and other widely used software packages.
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of strong payroll skills and sound knowledge of employment issues. They will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Experience in payroll preparation
• Experience of dealing with PAYE issues and HM Revenue & Customs correspondence
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment
• Good IT skills and receptive to technology changes
Please apply for immediate consideration.