Our client, an established SME in the retail sector are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll/HR officer for their Head Office, ideally with experience of Payroll from start to finish for up to 100 staff
The main purpose of this role will be to provide full Payroll and HR administrative support across all areas of Payroll & HR, acting as the first port of call to employees for all Payroll and HR related queries to ensure the smooth operational running of the UK HR team. The payroll will cover UK & Ireland employees, and is monthly payroll.
Job Responsibilities and Major Activities:
• Be the first point of contact for all payroll, tax queries, policy queries, holiday calculations, absence reporting etc
• Be a key point of contact for all HR queries relating to policy, process and administration
• Responsible for preparing all HR administration relating to the employee lifecycle, from preparing contracts of employment, salary increase letters, bonus letters, reference requests, promotions, resignation acknowledgement.
• Updating and maintaining accurate HR records; individual Personnel files, the payroll system (ADP) and Success Factors.
• Managing the new starter process, to move from paper process to digital provision of new starter information/forms/contract etc.
• Responsible for ensuring all payroll relevant information is updated in to ADP, in a timely manner for monthly payroll. Raising tickets when necessary to check data upload is correct.
• After training, to implement and run the monthly payroll for UK & Ireland, providing all required cross charging information for finance.
• Monthly reporting including headcount reporting, absence and turnover rates
• Enrolling employees into the Company Healthcare scheme, obtaining quotes where necessary.
• Managing Pension enrolment process for all new starters, updating any amendments in contributions with provider (Scottish Widow)
• Manage administration and maintenance of Employee benefit programmes e.g. Cycle to Work, Tech scheme, Perkbox. Promoting internally when necessary and updating payroll system where
• Assist with delivery of Company training plan to support overall company training strategy and alignment of employee training requests.
• Be a key contributor to driving cultural change, ensure continued focus on employee engagement and motivation, i.e. Heartbeat score. Implementing initiatives, activities, recognition programmes, celebrating success etc
• Be the main point of contact with Fleet management company, holding reviews for lease renewals, new car orders, fuel card ordering, re-contracting.
• Ad hoc reporting via ADP and SF to assist with internal policy review/procedure, e.g. data required for annual renewal of insurances.