My client a specialist in Accountancy, Audit,Tax, Payroll and Company Secretarial services are looking to bring on a Payroll/Company Secretarial Assistant to the business.This a new, combined role comprising the equivalent of 3 days of Payroll and 2 days of Company Secretarial work. They are looking for an Assistant with previous Payroll experience to work with the Payroll Manager and the Company Secretarial Manager. You will be involved in the processing of up to 150 Payroll clients, with differing service requirements and payment dates. You will perform a number of administrative duties related to the setting-up, maintenance and closure of companies, according to the requisite standards/regulations. With this role you do not need company secretarial experience due to on the job training, however you must have previous payroll experience.
- Payroll - Processing, taking ownership and completion of regular client payrolls (on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis dependent upon the client), including SMP and SSP
- Manage the process from the receipt of data to the printing and despatch of reports/payslips, (by email or post)
- Produce and despatch of payslips and P45s etc
- Pension auto enrolment – start-up and regular input and report from the Payroll system (mainly Sage), ensure payments are reconciled
- Pension auto enrolment – produce files for upload to the relevant pension provider/portal
- Provide standard weekly & monthly payroll reports e.g. Gross to Net, Employer Costs and Payslips, but also those tailored to individual clients e.g. Departmental reports
- Administer/Keep the Client data sheet information and Excel databases up to date
- Scan and File Payroll/auto enrolment information
Company Secretarial Assistant Responsibilities
- Company Secretarial - Processing - Assist with the preparation & filing of client confirmation statements – (we maintain records for approximately 350 companies)
- Assist with procedures related to director appointments and resignations, keep records up to date with companies house and in the statutory books. These will also include accounting date changes, share transactions, dividend payments and dissolutions and dealing with related correspondence and filing.
- Assist with company incorporations and Companies House statutory filings and prepare and file other documents, as requested
- Databases and Filing - Maintain the confirmation statement schedule and client databases on Excel and Blueprint, (Company Secretarial software)
- Draft and collate board packs
- Request documents from relevant authorities for UK and overseas entities. Process notarization for documents
The successful candidate needs to have both payroll and administrative experience, intermediate Excel skills and good sage payroll experience.