Reed Accountancy are currently seeking a Payroll Assistant or a Senior Payroll Assistant to work for a reputable company in Ipswich.
In this varied role you will be working within a small, busy team, running multiple payrolls for a wide range of
clients who operate in sectors such as retail, the professions, charities and education.
The successful candidate:
• Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and
English (or equivalent), or demonstrate a similar level of competence.
• Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll
processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is
essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
• Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Must have previous experience of payroll systems. Specific experience of any or all of the
following would be helpful: Star payroll, Sage payroll, HMRC Basic Tools, BACS
• Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to
problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to work competently under
pressure, to multi-task, and to maintain a flexible approach is essential.
• Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
• Will be self-motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete
confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
• Previous payroll experience essential.