I am currently working on behalf of an educational organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer. Initially for 3 months with the possibility of extending to one year.
The experienced Payroll Officer will join a dynamic and committed payroll team. You will provide a high quality payroll service for all employees, accurately inputting data into the Payroll system (Select Pay), liaising with HR colleagues, schools and departmental managers and calculating payments.
Your duties will include:
• Accurately inputting data into the Payroll system to ensure that appropriate employee details are correctly set up and calculated in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
• Regularly input ad-hoc payroll adjustments (e.g. union deductions, season ticket loans, pay claims) by required deadlines
• Complete month end processing including posting journals into the finance system and balance sheet reconciliations
The right person for this role will have;
• Demonstrated payroll processing experience
• Understanding of payroll legislation and processes
• Basic knowledge of pay and conditions of service for Local Government staff and teachers
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
If you are on short notice and have the relevant skills and experience please apply for immediate consideration.