An exciting opportunity has arisen for a payroll officer in the public sector in Guildford.
The role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract - full time.
- To be responsible for the accurate and timely updating of data held on various payroll databases, ensuring that all processes pertaining to the payroll function are carried out and monitor these throughout the payroll cycle. To be responsible for the delegation of routine tasks and supervise their progress
- To take responsibility for compliance with statutory legislation (subject to the final authority of Head/Deputy Head of T.S). This will include processing of court orders and other attachments to earnings, preparation of monthly and tax year end reports and corrections, and dealing with queries to or from external agencies such as HM Revenue and Customs and Child Support Agency.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all critical aspects of the payroll function are completed through personal discipline, delegation and supervision.
- Preparation and payment of staff expenses
- Preparation and payment of staff overtime
- Absence monitoring
- Providing specialist payroll knowledge to calculate payments etc
- Answering payroll questions/ queries including pensions etc
- Support HR
- Maintain an understanding of policies, procedures and strategies across all desk areas
- Deal with all enquiries in confidence and act at all times with appropriate discretion