|Location: READING, BERKSHIRE||Salary: 15.00 - 15.00 GBP Per Hour|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 12 months ago||Reference: 3057426|
1. The accurate and efficient payment of salaries in compliance with National Conditions of Service, National Insurance, Tax, SSP, SMP, SAP,SPP and Pension Regulations using an on-line payroll system (Trent).
2. Provision of a high level of customer care and service delivery to stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. The accurate input and validation of all payroll information to the on-line payroll system, primarily using scanned images, ensuring that salaries are successfully processed within strict deadlines.
2. To ensure payments made comply with the various National and Local pay arrangements.
3. The input of absence data to the on-line system and validation of related calculations.
4. Dealing with monthly output reports as and when necessary, such as, review/increment dates, Age Exemption National Insurance Certificates and Reduced Liability cards etc. Liaising with service areas through to resolution of any matters arising.
5. Completing third party enquiries from outside bodies – Inland Revenue, DSS, Benefits and the Contribution Agency.
6. Assisting with dispatch of payslips, P45’s, P60’s, P11d’s and enclosures.
7. Dealing with payroll related enquiries to conclusion ensuring a high level of customer care and service delivery.
8. Support the effective administration of salary sacrifice schemes to ensure compliance with tax legislation and local policy principals.
1. Able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in numerical work.
2. A good standard of education.
1. Previous experience of operating an industry recognised on-line payroll/HR system.
2. Previous experience of operating varying terms & conditions of employment.
3. Previous experience of operating statutory obligations e.g. PAYE
4. Previous experiencing of pension scheme administration.
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
1. Proficiency in processing large volumes of data.
2. Good understanding of Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook.
3. Able to concentrate and work accurately within strict deadlines.
4. Able to demonstrate a high degree of competence in numerical calculation e.g. manual payroll calculations.
5. Ability to detect errors and reconcile problems.
6. Flexibility in managing time to deal with peaks in workload.
7. Able to demonstrate a high level of customer care.
8. Ability to work as part of a team.
You will be based at the Civic Offices in Reading Town centre.
Please apply to this add if you are interested in the above role?
35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
20000 - 21500 GBP Per Annum
BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEXRead more
20000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
MANCHESTER, LANCASHIRERead more
22000 - 24000 GBP Per Annum
BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
20000 - 23000 GBP Per Annum
MILTON KEYNES, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more