You will have monthly payroll experience within a busy office environment. The role suits someone who enjoys taking responsibility and be comfortable dealing with employees and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Processing & calculating statutory absences, i.e. sickness, maternity etc.
- Reviewing and inputting starter, changes and leaver information onto the SAP system as per HR procedures
- Inputting information onto SAP that is not entered by operational management, including all miscellaneous payments and manual timesheets
- Reconciling and producing period end reports, variance monitoring for abnormalities
- Calculating & processing any Ad-Hoc payments
- Being a point of contact for all statutory related queries – having confidence in explaining Payroll procedures & processes to employees
- Dealing with Mortgage references, any HMRC related correspondence or third party correspondence
- Processing all P45's & new starter declaration forms in line with legislation, submitting data electronically to HMRC
- Calculating and processing pay runs
- Assisting in preparation and completion of year end tasks – P60, P11d and year-end reporting
- Undertaking administration of Pension Auto Enrolment tasks – Deferment letters etc.
- Supporting the pension administration process
- Supporting other members of the team as and when required & various other duties as required from time to time as directed by your line manager
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, Word and especially Excel
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong Payroll experience, preferably with SAP system knowledge
- Strong Customer Service skills with the ability to communicate payroll legislation to employees
- Ability to work well under pressure and on your own initiative
- Good knowledge of HR and payroll administration with good understanding of statutory payroll
- Can work well in a team
- Strong Customer Service skills