I have an exciting new opportunity based in Liverpool for an experienced Payroll Manager.
My client is a 5 Partner Accountancy Practice with a national reach who are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager due to an expansion in the firm. Having recently won a number of new contracts you will be able to make your mark working with the Partners to operate a smooth Payroll service to various clients of varying sizes.
You will manage a team of 4 experienced Payrollers taking control of allocating workloads and reviewing, training and supporting the team to deliver an exceptional service to your clients. This role will include involvement with strategical decision making, marketing and on boarding new clients to develop the client base.
Key elements of this position include –
• Managing a portfolio of clients on a variable basis completing end to end services from new starters to more complex statutory calculations.
• Liaising with HMRC, keeping up to date with legislation and changes with official procedures.
• RTI Auto enrolment pension schemes.
• CIS returns, reconciliations and deductions
• Sending BACS Payments
• Managing the development and growth of the department.
• Providing quotations for new and existing clients.
• Reviewing, monitoring, and improving procedures within the department to ensure an exceptional service.
• Quality control across the department.
• Problem solving across the department.
• Appraisal of software, identifying any issues and implementation of improvements.
• Marketing of the department to attract new and existing clients to use the service.
• Identification of service opportunities and improvements.
You will have at least 3 years experience managing a Payroll department, preferably a Bureau and good payroll software knowledge especially Iris and Superpay. You will have exceptional Payroll legislation knowledge and up to date with all compliance requirements.
This is an exciting role that will offer you an opportunity to build on an already successful division of a highly reputable national firm.