Job title: Payroll customer services agent
Hours: 36 hours per week (flexible working)
Salary: Up to £18k per annum
My client based in the Black Country are looking for a permanent payroll administrator to join their exciting organisation. This organisation has been established since 1995 and has consistently grown year on year. They have recently taken on some further contracts so they are looking to recruit further to reflect the extra work load. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants progression within the payroll sector.
• First line support for commercial payroll services, to include telephone calls and
• Administration and filtering of emails received from customers
• Regular email and telephone communication with payroll customers, to include
(but not limited to) payroll queries and secure data transfers.
• Undertake payroll related tasks associated with new appointments, contract
variations and leavers from customers in relation to payroll system.
• Undertake payroll related tasks associated with maternity leave and HMRC
Statutory payments e.g. SMP, SSP, etc.
• Contribute to the collation and production of payroll or pension related information
• Provide user support for payroll system.
• Contributing to the efficient operation of the Payroll business unit by undertaking
administrative duties when required.
• Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
• Experience of working in a customer service, helpdesk or payroll team desirable
• High level of communication skills
• High level of numeracy demonstrated by either GCSE grade C or above in Maths,
or an equivalent qualification
• High level of competence in use of software packages commonly used for
processing data e.g. Microsoft Excel
• Ability to process information accurately, methodically and efficiently.
• Ability to organise own work to meet tight deadlines and objectives
• Ability to work confidentiality, with tact and discretion
• Must be proactive and take responsibility for getting things done
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
• Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
** Please apply online if you meet the criteria above!! **