One of the most prestigious universities in London are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join their busy team of 6. My client are placed in the top 10 universities in the UK and also have global ties with campuses in places such as China, Malta and Paris. With a amazing benefits package and great working environment this is not an opportunity to miss out on!
- Generous pension contribution- 6% employee and 16% employer
- 30 Days Annual leave, in addition to this bank holidays and 7 days off over the Christmas and New Years period
- Flexible working hours
- Annual Ticket Loan
You will be working very closely with the HR team, with your main responsibilities being;
- To help process a monthly payroll of 6000 employees
- To provide information, advice and guidance on payroll matters to all members of staff as requested.
- To accurately input payroll data into the HR and Payroll database (Resourcelink), in accordance with system and PAYE procedures.
- To ensure all employees are paid the correct amount, on time and charged to the correct funding source.
- To work closely with the HR Partners, HR Assistant Partners and HR Administrators in the administration of Resourcelink.
- To process timesheets, overtime sheets and requests for other miscellaneous payments, e.g. holiday pay, ADH’s and other ad-hoc and one-off payments ensuring that the requests are in accordance with contractual arrangements.
- To process backdated pay awards, ensuring that correct arrears are paid to each staff member.
- Responsible for the calculation of any overpayments and underpayments and for liaising with staff affected.
- To provide support throughout employees’ employment on payroll issues, including Maternity and Paternity Leave, Sickness, Leave of Absence (LOA) and Retirement.
- To respond to information requests from HMRC, Individuals, Independent Financial Advisors and other request, e.g. Solicitor, Accountants, etc.
- To process all statutory payments in accordance to HMRC regulations.
- To be responsible for the correct distribution of payslips.
- To administer the payment of staff loans, salary sacrifice schemes, and other deductions ensuring proper payment and recovery.
- To provide absence cover for other members of the team, to ensure the professional operation of the department.
- To initiate and participate in projects as directed by payroll and pensions manager.
- To keep abreast of changes in legislation affecting payroll.
- To be aware of the different pension schemes contributions and their effect on payroll.
The ideal candidate would have used Resourcelink however this is desirable and not essential, as well as worked previously at a university or an industry similar to it.
iI this is the role for you then please do apply!