Reed Accountancy have an excellent opportunity based in Boston Spa for the role of Payroll Administrator for the organisation in the public sector. This is a full time vacancy on a fixed term 12 month contract until March 2022.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a passion for Payroll and has similar experience within the field.
Main Tasks include:
1. To process all approved changes in accordance with and support of payroll timetable:
- permanent / fixed term staff actions (New Starters, Leavers, changes of contracts (annual leave calculations, voluntary deductions, salary sacrifice arrangements, season ticket advances and recoveries etc)
- temporary monthly actions (e.g. Overtime, Extra Hours, Deputising, Night Duty payments etc) in accordance with monthly payroll timetable.
- paid/unpaid absences (e.g. sick absence certificates, long term sick absences, special leave paid/unpaid etc).
2. To assess and process statutory pay elements in accordance with legislation, BL occupational policy and payroll timetable:
3. To monitor Payroll system (currently ResourceLink Aurora) so payments and recoveries are correct. Perform reconciliations to check reducing balances, performing gross to net calculations, random overtime checks, salary sacrifice checks etc.
4. To process all approved pension actions in accordance with timetable.
5. Build and maintain the annual pay award spreadsheet, performing checks and running reports.
6. Liaise with:
- HR & Line Managers in obtaining approved changes, send long term sick cases for each Division to HR advisors (monthly).
- Library staff over queries
- NorthgateArinso on day to day operation of payroll processes.
7. To maintain the time recording system to include:-
- New starters, leavers, background changes i.e. change of hours, leave recalculations, rosters and patterns etc.
- Setting up employee and manager profiles.
- To deal with Staff/Manager day to day queries covering background set up issues, credit/balance issues & exception queries.
- To provide assistance with any developments e.g. testing software etc.
Minimum requirements (essential)
- CIPP (Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals) Foundation or equivalent by experience
- High volume processor
- Excellent with figures as numerical accuracy is essential
- Customer focused approach – a commitment to providing an efficient service to all customers
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team