My client based in central Wolverhampton is looking to engage an experienced payroll administrator to join there existing team to cover a period of maternity leave. The role will be for a 12 month period and the client is looking to engage a candidate ASAP to ensure a smooth hand over.
The role will based from home due to the current Covid situation but may require the successful candidate to work from the office as and when the Coivd situation changes.
Duties to include-
• To validate all payroll information from various sources and external bodies to ensure employees are paid on time and accurately.
• To understand interpret and apply current statutory legislation including PAYE, NIC’s, SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP.
• To ensure statutory and voluntary deductions are made and paid over on a timely basis and that any supporting detail is provided in order to meet operational and statutory deadlines.
• To liaise with Administrators to ensure information is accurate and up to date.
• To operate a “Payroll Helpdesk” facility to answer employee pay queries regarding statutory and voluntary deductions including PAYE, NICS and Pensions.
• To provide earnings information to external bodies.
• To produce management reports and statutory returns as required (P45, P14/P60 P11d etc)
• To maintain a professional relationship with external bodies e.g. HMRC, pension provider etc.
• To maintain a strict code of confidentiality and adhere to the Data Protection Act
• To support local administrators in the provision of payroll data.
• To undertake any appropriate training and development to ensure duties are carried out to a high standard.
• To undertake other duties that may be required.
• GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above, or Qualified by Experience
• Extensive payroll experience
• Good working knowledge of Statutory Regulations
• The ability to manually calculate payments
• The ability to work to strict deadlines
• Payroll qualification
• Experience of working with devolved timesheet/HR input.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply please send an up to date CV to email@example.com